You may also like:
Our price: £7.59 or less
Why Trust the Bible?Greg Gilbert
Our price: £6.47 or less
How many copies?
This is a pack of 10 DVDs
This A Passion to Witness training DVD provides tailored training for the Church as we seek to not just be people who bring friends to events, but ones who become personal witnesses of the Lord Jesus. Our desire is to encourage every church to consider how it might reach a community or group that it is not currently reaching with the Gospel.
To download the above video please click here and choose download from the video page.
The resource consists of nine 15–20 minute sessions addressing different aspects of our witness and evangelism, each presented by a different speaker, and is interspersed with questions for small group discussion, reflection and application.
The DVD includes:
- What is the gospel? – Paul Williams
- Why should we share the gospel? – Tim Hanson
- Why don’t we share the gospel? – Elspeth Pitt
- How to pray when sharing the gospel. – John Stevens
- How to tell my story. – David Williams
- Using the Bible to share the gospel. – Charlie Skrine
- How should we answer questions? – Lee McMunn
- How to lead someone to Christ. – Chris Green
- How to push the boundaries of our church. – Andy Paterson
A Passion to Witness is an ideal resource for house/cell groups, small group
Bible studies, as well as being used as a teaching programme during normal church services. It is designed in such a way that it does not require a high level of preparation before use. The Bible passages quoted, and the questions for discussion, appear on the DVD at the appropriate moment. Printable study notes may be found by opening the DVD on a computer.
Related TitlesClick here to view all
Very practical and helpful
A Passion to Witness is a very helpful DVD training resource that has been produced to help churches prepare for the A Passion for Life mission in 2014. The DVD consists of nine sessions, presented by different speakers, looking at different aspects of evangelism:
• What is the gospel?
• Why should we share the gospel?
• Why don’t we share the gospel?
• How to pray when sharing the gospel?
• How to tell my story
• Using the Bible to share the gospel
• How should we answer questions?
• How to lead someone to Christ
• How to push the boundaries of our church
Whilst A Passion to Witness would be suitable as a general evangelism training course, it’s really designed to equip individuals & churches for A Passion for Life. Two strong emphases lie behind A Passion for Life 2014, and these both come through clearly in the material:
• the desire to encourage every person to make the most of the opportunity not just to invite people to events, but to be a personal witness to the Lord Jesus Christ
• the desire to encourage every church to think about how it can reach a community or group that it is not currently reaching with the gospel
At a time when it feels like the tendency of many Christians is simply to invite people to an event and leave someone else to explain the truth clearly, and when many (but certainly not all) evangelical churches are fairly monochrome culturally, these emphases are particularly welcome.
The DVD material for each session is approximately 15–20 minutes long. Intermingled with this are questions for small group discussion, reflection & application. All in all, each session should last about an hour. One of the strengths of the resource is its flexibility. The material could be used in a variety of ways. It would be ideal for use in home groups or small group Bible studies, but could also be used one–2–one. Each disc also comes with printable study notes.
Apart from the two emphases above, I was particularly encouraged by 6 things:
• it rightly recognises that the good news of the gospel is so good because the bad news is so bad (the first session nails this very strongly)
• it is very clear about the need for verbal proclamation (“faith comes hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:17)
• it is Bible–centered
• it highlights the importance of prayer
• it encourages everyone to be involved – ordinary Christians talking to ordinary people about Jesus Christ
• and it is very practical
For those gearing up for A Passion for Life, A Passion to Witness would be ideal training material for the Autumn term. For those who get hold of the principles, the benefits – by God’s grace – will be felt long after Easter 2014 has been and gone.