We are hugely fortunate in the West to have access to so many great resources. But with so many available, it’s paramount we are discerning about which books we read.
Here are just some of the titles due in 2018, from across a number of publishers, that we think stand out above the rest.
Out in the coming weeks:
- City Lives by Marcus Nodder (10Publishing) – In the series that brought Real Lives and A Passion for Life, this book tells the true stories of how people came to faith, this time in the workplace.
- The Goldilocks Zone by Chris Green (IVP) – A collection of articles written by Mike Ovey, the former Principal of Oak Hill College. Here for the first time, together, are articles that Mike wrote for theological journals and conferences.
- Thoughts for Young Men (in modern English) by JC Ryle (Evangelical Press) – This modernised edition of a classic, along with his book Happiness, and Do You Pray? will help bring clear, helpful truth to a new audience.
- The Beginner’s Gospel Story Bible by Jared Kennedy (New Growth Press) – A beautiful story Bible to help kids explore the Bible for themselves. This will help families read the Bible together, with their youngest children included too.
Out in the spring:
- Spurgeon on the Christian Life by Michael Reeves (Crossway) – This is a really helpful teaching biography series and Michael is one of the best UK authors around. This is not to be missed.
- Acts: A Visual Guide by Kevin DeYoung (Christian Focus)– A very clever way to teach old truths in a new way. If you find reading hard work this will be a really helpful book for you.
- Devotional Dippers by Andrew Sweasey (10Publishing) – Family devotions are never easy, but these dippers help families study God’s Word together in a fun, interactive and deep way.
Out in the summer:
- In His Image by Jen Wilkin (Crossway) – Jen’s None Like Him was an excellent book that showed how, though we may try, we are nothing like God. In this follow on, she’ll show us the way in which we are to be just like Him.
Out in the winter:
- What Every Child Should Know About Prayer by Nancy Guthrie (10Publishing) – This series has been helpful to thousands of families around the world, over generations. Nancy Guthrie teaches children and parents alike, what joy can be found as we talk to our heavenly Father.