5 copy price £16.99
10 copy price £16.59
25 copy price £15.99
100 copy price £14.79
Slave dungeons in Ghana. Genocide in Rwanda. Systemic sexual abuse in Brazil. A city made of garbage in Egypt. Child abuse and domestic violence in the U.S. We are tempted to shut our eyes to human suffering because we don’t know how to respond. If we saw, if we heard—how could we endure the pain?
After more than forty years of counselling trauma and abuse survivors around the world, Dr. Diane Langberg, a world renowned expert in trauma counselling has learned to look, listen, and love. She is certain that what trauma destroys, Christ can and does restore, and she has written to show you how the cross of Christ transforms and redeems even the most traumatic suffering.
Suffering and the Heart of God answers some of the most difficult questions Christians face, like: “Can Christ really heal the traumatized?” “How can we help those who are suffering when helping takes such a toll on us personally?” “Why can’t people ‘get over’ what’s happened to them?” Langberg presents her experiences as a seasoned trauma counselor within a biblical framework for engaging with trauma—offering a sober–minded gospel hope that can’t be found in other trauma literature. Accessible and engaging, Suffering is designed as a reference book for anyone—including pastors, clinicians, and
laypersons—who wants to help those impacted by trauma.
Suffering leads readers through the talking, tears, and time needed to guide survivors toward the healing heart of God. It equips us with a hope that is renewed each day, power to help where and how we can, and faith that God will enable us to see him more clearly through those who are hurting.
This book will prove to be an indispensable resource for anyone who loves, listens to, and seeks to help someone impacted by trauma and abuse.
• Written by a world renowned psychologist with more than forty years of experience in working with trauma cases—from combat veterans to abuse and traffic king survivors to torture victims
• Calls and equips the Church to understand trauma and its profound impact on people and their faith
• Combines the knowledge and experience of a seasoned trauma counselor with a thoroughly biblical framework for engaging with trauma
• Accessible and engaging, Suffering is designed as a reference book for anyone—including
pastors, clinicians, and laypersons— who wants to help those impacted by trauma
• Offers hope for the victimized in such a way as to enable readers to help where and how they can and to engage with people and situations they might have feared before
No reviews have been added for this product.
Total Price: £1.99