Many people argue that the presence of evil in the world is proof that God cannot exist, or if He does exist, cannot be good or all-powerful.
Greg Welty uses biblical exegesis alongside his experience as a philosopher to present a different conclusion. God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of the world, really does work all things for good. A must-read for anyone struggling with this issue.
Chapter titles include:
1. What is the Problem of Evil?
2. The Greater-Good Theodicy: A Threefold Argument for Three Biblical Themes
3. Licensing the Greater-Good Theodicy: God's Sovereignty over Evil
4. Limiting the Greater-Good Theodicy: The Inscrutability of God's Purposes
5. Can Free Will or the Laws of Nature Solve the Problem of Evil?
Appendix: Going Beyond Job, Joseph and Jesus for the Greater-Good Theodicy
No reviews have been added for this product.
Total Price: £1.99