Requires accompanying workbook: 6 Steps to Reading Your Bible (Workbook)
’How sweet are your words to my taste,’ says the psalmist about the law of God, ‘sweeter than honey to my mouth.’ Most Christians would like to say Amen, but somehow it doesn’t always feel this way.
Reading the Bible often feels like our attempts to have regular exercise – a healthy chore we know we should fit in, but which is hard to manage among everything else, and ends up slipping off the agenda.
Whatever your current Bible reading habits (or lack of them), and whatever your level of knowledge and confidence, Six Steps To Reading Your Bible will help you make progress in getting into your Bible. The course is especially designed for use in small groups, and utilises a mix of video instruction, Bible study, discussion, practical exercises, prayer and assignments.
Six Steps to Reading Your Bible is an ideal course for three groups of people:
1. People who are new to the Christian faith. It will give them a very valuable introduction to the place of the Bible in the Christian life, and a set of basic tools for getting started in reading it.
2. Those who have been Christians a while, but who have never had much training in simple but important Bible study principles.
3. Experienced Bible readers, who will find Six Steps to Reading Your Bible a valuable ‘refresher’ course, and will gain a healthy new vigour in their personal Bible reading.
Over the six sessions of the course, you will:
– Become familiar with the basic shape and nature of the Bible
– Be motivated to read the Bible for yourself
– Learn how to apply basic reading skills to the Bible
– Learn how to apply a Bible passage to your life
– Understand how the whole message of the Bible hangs together and centers on Jesus
– Benefit from the encouragement and experience of others, as you work together in learning to read the Bible
No reviews have been added for this product.
Total Price: £1.99