Download a sample
Download a sample
The high calling of preaching can take a toll on a pastor’s soul. Many pastors start out with enthusiasm and joy but are quickly drained by the demands of day-to-day ministry. This book, written in the form of 43 questions and answers to reflect the format of historic catechisms, seeks to provide nourishment for the busy, weary pastor in the thick of ministry. Each chapter features content designed to care for a pastor's spiritual health, feeding his mind and heart with life-giving truth aimed at helping him thrive in ministry with contentment and joy.
Table of Contents:
Part 1: The Glory of God, and the Greatness of Preaching
1. Preaching, above All (Exodus 34:6)
Question: What is God’s chief end?
2. Enjoying God (Isaiah 12:3)
Question: How do we enjoy God?
3. The One we Preach (Romans 11:33–36)
Question: Who is God?
4. By the Book (John 5:39)
Question: What do the Scriptures principally teach?
5. Preaching (Ephesians 3:8)
Question: What is Preaching?
6. All of our Days (Psalm 134:2)
Question: What is the preacher’s chief end?
7. Confident of This (Mark 4:27)
Question: How can we rest in God’s Power and Purposes?
8. Called to Preach (Philippians 3:14)
Question: Why do we believe that God called us to preach?
9. For God, for People (2 Corinthians 1:24)
Question: Why does God call preachers?
10. Not a Square Inch (Romans 11:36)
Question: What else did God ordain?
Part 2: Jesus, for Preachers
11. Sin (Genesis 3:11)
Question: How did the first preacher sin?
12. Weakness (2 Corinthians 4:7 )
Question: What’s the good news for struggling preachers?
13. Knowing Jesus (Hebrews 2:14)
Question: Does Jesus love preachers?
14. For His Name’s Sake (Philippians 1:29)
Question: Surely we preachers don’t have to suffer?
15. Rewarded (Isaiah 33:17)
Question: Where does our reward come from?
16. This Solid Ground (1 Corinthians 1:30)
Question: But are we saved?
17. Lavished Love (1 John 3:1)
Question: How can we know we really are saved?
18. Holiness (Romans 13:14)
Question: Preacher, how will we grow?
19. Journey’s End (2 Timothy 4:8)
Question: Will we ever stop preaching?
Part 3: Loving the Word
20. The Grace of Law (1 Timothy 4:12)
Question: Must preachers obey the Law, too?
21. Obedience (Psalm 119:32)
Question: What ten things much every preacher know and do?
22. Love’s Choice (Exodus 20:1–2)
Question: What does the first commandment teach?
23. Image Rights? (Exodus 20:4–5)
Question: What does the second commandment teach?
24. Our Honour, or His? (Exodus 20:7)
Question: What does the third commandment teach?
25. Stop! (Hebrews 4:3)
Question: What does the fourth commandment teach?
26. Respect (Hebrews 13:2)
Question: What does the fifth commandment teach?
27. Servant–Hearted Servants (1 Corinthians 13:2)
Question: What does the sixth commandment teach?
28. Faithful Attraction (Exodus 20:14)
Question: What does the seventh commandment teach?
29. Give (Exodus 20:15)
Question: What does the eighth commandment teach?
30. True to His Word (Ephesians 4:15)
Question: What does the ninth commandment teach?
31. Resist (Exodus 20:17 )
Question: What does the tenth commandment teach?
32. The Heart of the Law (Mark 12:30-31)
Question: What is the summary of the ten commandments?
Part 4: Conviction Preachers
33. Trusting Ministry (Galatians 2:16)
Question: Do we believe in our preaching?
34. At the Cross (Psalm 51:9)
Question: Do we preachers actually believe in Jesus?
35. The Courage of our Convictions (Matthew 28:20)
Question: Do we treasure preaching, even when we feel like we’re the only ones?
36. Ministering Sacraments (Romans 4:11)
Question: Will we let the sacraments preach?
37. Take them to the Water (Romans 6:4 )
Question: Do we celebrate Baptism?
38. To Supper (1 Corinthians 11:23)
Question: Do we share the pulpit with the Lord’s Supper?
39. Seek First (Matthew 6:6)
Question: What is prayer?
40. Praying, for His Glory (Matthew 6:9–10)
Question: Do we want God and His Kingdom above all else when Sunday comes?
41. Trust Issues (Matthew 6:10)
Question: Do we go home on a Sunday praying for His will to be done?
42. Confession Time (Matthew 6:12)
Question: What’s the worst sin we’ve ever committed in a sermon?
43. All for the King (1 Chronicles 29:11)
Question: Will we pray ourselves into a glad submission to God?
No reviews have been added for this product.
Total Price: £1.99